I was sitting in the middle of journalism class the other day, teaching a few of my advanced-level journalism students about what it means to “localize a news story.” And then it dawned on me: We are the localized angle to the best News story ever told.
A video message for you… (Subscribers: click here to see the video.)
.. Music credit: Song at end is “Sometimes by Step” by Rich Mullins.
So, what’s your Story? A #TellHisStory is any story that connects your story into the story of God. From now through Easter, I encourage you to consider stories that center around our Lenten journey, as we move toward the cross and resurrection of our Savior. (However, you are free to share any story that God is speaking into your life this week.)
To participate in the #TellHisStory linkup, simply:
1. Write your #TellHisStory post, from your heart, straight onto your blog. A #TellHisStory is any story that connects YOUR STORY into the story of God. What story is God telling in your life this week?
2. Link here and invite friends to join in by posting the #TellHisStory badge on your post.
3. Copy the permalink of your post.
4. Using the linky tool, paste your link in.
5. Find someone (or two) in the link-up to encourage with a comment.
6. Come back on Friday to visit our Featured #TellHisStory, in the sidebar.
Your words matter to God. They matter to people. And they matter to me!
YOUR TURN: Share a recent time when you’ve sensed God “localizing His story” in your life. It might be big, like a shout, or small, like a whisper…
(Visit the previous blog post for a chance to one of five copies of Miracles & Moments of Grace: Inspiring Stories from Moms. I’m delighted to have a story in this book, by Nancy B. Kennedy.)